Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day 95: Satisfied in Him

Day 95
Psalms 41-43

There are so many places you can end up if the bottom falls out of your life. David (and perhaps his descendants) write so beautifully about the longing and emotions of his heart as he experiences such a crazy time of his life. It is hard to deal with this world at times when depression and hopelessness hit. As you read today's passages and think about those bad times in your life, recall how God comforted you. Maybe you're in the midst of that depression, that loneliness, that hopelessness of life right now. Be encouraged by David's writings and remember where to lay your heart.

The place we will be most satisfied in this world is in the hands of our Savior. He is most glorified when we find that satisfaction in Him as well. How many times have you felt judged because of your satisfaction in Christ?
 We read here:
"Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, 'Where is this God of yours?" (Ps. 42:10)
From there, we read that the writer says they put their hope in the Lord. Nothing can discourage them. When we praise Him for what He has done in our life, we will be encouraged and find our satisfaction in Him.

When I fall to the taunting of the world around me, the one that judges, or casts blame, or makes me feel less than, I remember this portion of Psalm, and remind myself the only thirst for Him. The lyrics to this song is directly from those of these Psalms. I encourage you to listen to it, and reiterate the words you read today, keeping yourself in the arms of your God. 

"Let my sighs bring songs that sing about Your faithfulness.
Let my pain reveal Your glory as my only real rest.
Let my loses show that all I truly have is You.
'Cause all I truly have is You.

I am satisfied in You."





No comments:

Post a Comment