Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 30- Patient Until the End

Day 30
Job 14-16, James 5

I think many times we just hope that the Lord will return before all of these foreseen troubles come our way. Rather than dealing with the problems in life, we try to run, or hope for God's return. I can't even count how many times I've hoped the Lord would come back before I had to face something, or just for the sake of shaking up the mundane life that seemed to keep going on and on. We read today, however, that holding onto that hope in waiting for Christ's return, we keep endurance to continue on the mission that God has set us here for.

Job is actually quoted in our James reading today, as James reminds us that Job's endurance through hardship landed him in great reward in the end, as the Lord had mercy and showed Job kindness. It is interesting reading that in James after reading about the midst of Job's agony.

The power of prayer can be a powerful tool in our waiting. As we stagger through this life, hoping for God to have mercy on us and for Christ to return soon, we can be in constant communication with God 24/7. We are told in James to pray in all circumstances! Tell God when you are happy and praise Him for it! Pray about your hardships. Have people pray for you when you are sick. Pray for each other. Prayer is a way to remind us of that hope that is coming someday and the hope we have now as we walk this earth with a Living God.

I can't help but feel for Job as his friends continue to talk for no helpful reason. A man in such agony as he, also having to deal with his friends blaming him for his misfortune just causes me to cringe. I'm not sure I would have had the strength that Job has throughout this ordeal. But as we read in James, we know that Job's endurance will bring him to good places in the end, and that hope is what keeps Job going. Just because your friends have bad advice, doesn't mean you can turn to God's advice instead. Pray to Him and ask Him for strength. Trust in His will and way.

This world can be unfair and so hard to deal with at times. Many times, I don't feel like I fit, but remembering the hope that awaits me when Christ returns or calls me home is such an encouragement. Be patient as you wait on Christ and in constant communication with Him through prayer. Hold on to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment