Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 46 - A Good Shepherd

Day 46
Psalm 23-25

Even though we read Psalms 23-25 today, I'd like to take a closer look at Psalm 23, and see what it means to us today.

The Lord is my Shepherd
I have all that I need

How has God provided for all of your needs?


He lets me rest in green meadows, 
He leads me beside peaceful streams

 How do you find peace in the Lord? Reflect on something today that you could use peace from or about.


He renews my strength
He guides me along right paths
bringing honor to His name.

Where do you need strength today? How can you bring God honor with the strength He provides for you?


Even when I walk through the darkest valley
I will not be afraid
for You are close beside me
Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me.

How can you remind yourself that everything will be ok, even as you walk through a tough time in life? A shepherd uses his staff to keep a sheep on the right path and correct them. How does this line up with what God does for us?


You prepare a feast for me 
in the presence of my enemies. 
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

What are your thoughts on this section? How does this apply to you today?


Surely your goodness and
unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

How does sticking close to your "Shepherd" lead you to a life of love and goodness? What about in the dark times of life - how does this apply then? What reward awaits us at the end of this life for staying close to Him?

Psalm 24 is a good follow up to the end of Psalm 23, as it goes into who will truly see the Lord. Psalm 25 leads us into our everlasting trust in the Lord, even when life throws us enemies (whether that be in health, people, jobs, etc.). Repenting and remember what He has done for us and holding tight to what He will do will keep us close to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment